SHORE LEAVE AT "ARUBA ISLAND".

Aruba is a constituent country of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in the southern Caribbean Sea, located about 1,600 kilometres (990 mi) west of the main part of the Lesser Antilles and 29 kilometres (18 mi)[5] north of the coast of Venezuela. It measures 32 kilometres (20 mi) long from its northwestern to its southeastern end and 10 kilometres (6 mi) across at its widest point.[5] Together with Bonaire and Curaçao, Aruba forms a group referred to as the ABC islands. Collectively, Aruba and the other Dutch islands in the Caribbean are often called the Dutch Caribbean

(from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aruba)


    So, when I was on board my ship as a 2nd ship cadet, I got the chance to visit Aruba Island.
We went there for cargo operation and it was my lucky day because I can go ashore and shore leave on the island. I went ashore with my third officer and my A/B.

     First we went to the small town outside the port. We walked around the town trying to find souvenirs to buy for ourselves and family. 

      Last place we went before we return to the ship was a beach named "Baby Beach". It was a very beautiful and clean beach. Unfortunately for us we didn't get the chance to enjoy 'mandi-manda' at the beach because we didn't bring our swimming suit. hahaha.
"ONE HAPPY ISLAND"

"PEACE"

     I hope one day I still get the to visit this awesome island. InsyaAllah.

Comments

Popular Posts