Dry docking experience at China

DRY DOCKING AT CHINA

I got the splendid experience of joining dry dock schedule of my second ship for my onboard training.My vessel named Bunga Kelana 9 was planned for dry dock last June. I was really excited as it's my first experience joining a drydock session at Republic Of China and ofcourse for the shore leave!

Initially before proceeding for drydock we were sailing in Thailand waters.On one fine day, we departed from Thailand heading to Yulian Drydock,Shekou,China where my sign off place was also there.Preparation before dry dock was really hectic and tiring as we involved in various cargo operations such as gas freeing,inerting,purging and finally tank cleaning. I was able to understudy all those cargo operation in and out as i was working round the clock with the crew.

 Once we arrived at China a sum of 100 people boarded the ship to start their tank cleaning operation, and it continued for 3 days. Once completed,we proceed to wet dock where all the major dry dock operation were carried out.Seriously that was too tiring and the only heart cooler was the shore leave offered there!
 The major role as a cadet was assisting pumpman and chiefmate for the routine jobs to be carried out as per the daily work plan carried out every morning.  I was doing 12 on 12 off duties! The best experience is i was able to go into the cargo tanks and also going down the dock to see the bottom part of the ship,bulbous bow,rudder,propeller! Those were really really huge than i imagined.





Comments

Popular Posts