Visiting USS Lexington aircraft carrier

Assalamualaikum and a very good morning to all people in the world. Today I am going to share some of my experience during my 2nd ship.








USS LEXINGTON aka THE BLUE GHOST. Placed at Corpus Christi, Texas. 

For your information, you can saw this museum during pilotage time when you are entering the port. If i am not mistaken, it is 10-15 km away from the port where my ship berth. I am so excited when the first time I saw this museum that is during my first ship time. But, I did not get chance to come here because of the busy schedule onboard ship. I am so happy when my voyage instruction stated that my vessel is going to discharge our cargo at Corpus Christi during my 2nd ship. Before entering the port I already plan what I will do when I arrived at the port and at what time I will come to this museum. I plan it with my able seaman from Malaysia. 

After my ship completed mooring. I and my able seaman straight away went to chief officer and ask for a permission to go shore. We call a taxi and the trip from my dock to the museum price is about 40 dollar round trip. 

Here is some of the memorable memories when I went there .

This is sighted near the entrance of USS Lexington. It is a old jet fighter placed there for museum display.












 USS Lexington communication panel.










USS Lexington radar















Aircraft launch deck. I think it is about 200 meter long. 


 Thank you for your time. As long as you got time to go for shore leave, just go and enjoy life man.



#deltapsiforever


By Lutfi Amir.

Comments

Popular Posts